Thursday 25 October 2012

'THIS DAY' has arrived.......

I'm sat at our dining room table for the last time here on British soil, as all around me the moving company are packing our things. SO I though thought on this significant day I'd grab a moment to write (but I'll apologise now if this is all jumbled and makes no sense. (;).  'This' day has finally arrived. We've been working towards it for the last six months and if I'm truly honest I can't believe its actually here. In some ways its a relief, because I'm not sure how much longer I could keep living in high paced to do list mode and  the height of emotions that the last few weeks has brought..... but..... this is it. The end of an era. The end of the huge part of our lives......our York season. I feel sick. I feel sad. I feel a bit numb honestly. And in the midst of this I also feel an inc ling of excitement brewing desperately trying to rise up from inside.....trying to burst through all the other emotions because underlying I know we're doing the right thing. There is ultimately a deep peace we're doing what we are suppose to do (even if I have to keep telling myself this because I can't feel it strongly right at this minute in time!!).

Home at 224 Hamilton Drive!
The packing process is good though right?! (maybe not the stresses that come with it - could do without those!)..... but actually today amid the muddle of feelings its made me realise our home is where we are.... Home is not the house and how it looks itself because it no longer looks like our home.... but that actually if we have each other, our little team of six, we have our home wherever we are in the world. Its not about our stuff, so I've stopped stressing whether something gets packed, lost or broken. Its not about our physical house, because we'll find another and that will become our home just like this one did. Its about the people in our lives, the people we love deeply and share life everyday with - if I have these people..... we are home. And so honestly this is why its hard to leave York, because more than my little family, our friends have become family, and leaving so many people who've become family to us is what causes the unsettled feelings. THIS is the heart wrenching reality that's rubbish. But we feel loved, we feel so so so cheered on despite the tears and heartache, and that's how we know we have friends, true friends, because they believe in us and whats right for us, and so despite not wanting us to go have been super stars at cheering us on.......and so tomorrow when we set off in our car, inside will be the Mulrooney team who together can face anything...... The packing process is bringing a finish, closure and helpful realisations to be able to leap out and take the big jump we've signed up for!
My team of Six!!



So for now beautiful York and all the people who live within you its goodbye. Its been an incredible journey, a time of many beautiful treasured moments, many tears and heartache, many firsts and lasts -  you are a place I will always treasure in my heart....

Here's to new beginnings, new challenges, the ups and downs and the next step in the adventure

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment